Sunday, April 5, 2020

original

analagous

complimentary

compound

monochromatic

shades

triad
Artist Statement for BW Photoshop project:

As this is my first experience in Photoshop, getting comfortable with the program is taking time. I found this project quite pleasant though as in my major I have already taken an editing class on color correction in DaVinci Resolve. It is always fun playing around with the colors because you can completely change the dynamic of an image. From the above images it is clear that the same picture could be many different times of day to more drastic color changes. I also feel like my knowledge of color themes was improved and I will not hesitate to take advantage of the color theme creator. The only issues I encountered during this process was getting comfortable with the program and learning the shortcuts and window names. After a couple of  tutorials though it gets easier and easier. I'm looking forward to working more in Adobe Photoshop.

1 comment:

  1. Ronan, I like how you made your B&W color images realistic instead of cartoonish with too much opacity. As you said, it changes the mood and whole dynamic of the photo. The only advice that I have is for this assignment I would have chosen a different set of 'compound' colors, so it doesn't match the original photo that much. Other than that, great job!

    ReplyDelete