Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Propaganda Poster Illustrator

Artist Statement: This is my propaganda poster that I made through Adobe illustrator. I started by uploading a photo into the program and drawing/outlining all the seperate portions of my face in layer order so that everything showed up. I think the hardest portion of this project was the lips because the original photo has a very weird lip formation. I enjoyed adding highlights to the hair to give it more texture as a single layer made it look flat. I struggled to come up with a simple propaganda slogan to suit the photo. I settled on change because I could put my tag brush in there as a letter and its a simple one word slogan. Thanks Obama. For the background I took the rising sun style propaganda and made it blue to go with the highlights on my face. I think of all the programs we have looked at so far illustrator has been the hardest for me but I'm glad I have a better understanding of it now.

5 comments:

  1. Ronan, I think your propaganda poster turned out great, it resembles you very much! One thing that would have made it almost perfect would be if you adjusted the hairline a bit because you can see a gap in between your forehead and hair and the purple background comes through. Other than that it looks good! Plus your tag brush being a letter in your slogan makes it stand out more. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job on your poster. It is very effective and gets a message across effectively. I really like the vibrant colors you used. The only advice I can give you is to maybe make your neck slightly lighter because I feel like it is a bit too dark for your face. I love how it turned out though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cool design! I like the picture you chose. I think it was a good idea to put your logo in as the "A" in the word "change". The made the poster have a unique element to it. One suggestion I have would be to make the color of your neck closer to the color of your face just a little bit darker than your face. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did a really good job with this project especially with forming yourself into Cartoon form in a realistic manner. One suggestion I would give you would be to line up the lighting from your face and neck a little bit more relatively to make your face and neck just a little bit more relative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you guys for your comments and for checking out the work on the blog, I agree I should fix the color in the neck so it blends together more smoothly. I'll adjust this.

    ReplyDelete