Thursday, April 23, 2020

InDesign Business Cards

Business Cards Artist Statement:

For our first project in InDesign we were tasked with creating three sets of unique business cards to use in conjunction with our logos we created. I wanted to stay consistent with my color scheme I used for my logo. So i used the swatches window to save the shades of blue and orange that I wanted to use throughout. I created layers for 6 pages of 3.5in height by 2in width. The layers were: Background, Art, Logo, and text. On each of these distinct layers I would create my styles for each business card and would have impressive control over how I wanted to color and line things up. I learned a few good uses for InDesign through this project and I feel confident as a beginner in the program.






2 comments:

  1. I really like the colors that you used for your cards! the contrast is nice, but the softness doesn't make it overpowering. Also, I like the extra shapes/lines you included so the log doesn't feel like it's just floating by itself, it makes things a lot more interesting for sure. I think the only recc I'd have for you is to take the white out of the logo's bg in the second business card, but I really like all the other ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michaela, thank you for commenting! I liked this color scheme throughout the semester. Your comment about the white in the second card is a good critique, I'll adjust it.

    ReplyDelete