Sunday, February 23, 2020

Elephant Calligram


Artist Statement: 
This piece of work was inspired by Calligram designs. Using Adobe illustrator, I outlined and traced an image of an elephant and worked to outline it with text. From there I moved to defining the features of the Elephants body to make it seem as if the words were just another form of line. This project posed a much greater challenge to me, I have never had experience with illustrator so this felt like swimming in the deep end. That being said I think I was able to complete the assignment to the best of my abilities. I always liked Elephants as a child because they were the biggest and most funny looking creatures I had ever seen. This inspiration worked well for this project because the outline of an elephant is very easy to point out and identify. No other creature really looks like them so even if the quality of this elephant is confusing because of the text, it is always recognizable as an elephant. That is what I was going for. 


No comments:

Post a Comment