Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Canvas



Artist Statement:

This piece of work was inspired by cubism, a very interesting artistic style. I found a painting of a tree blowing in the wind, the beach air curling through the leaves. I loved the peacefulness of the tree, like it had been there for many years, accustomed to the harsh wind and sea air. I was reminded of ancient trees with spiritual purpose, that stood high in the mountains. The sacred type that has a aura of peace around it. While the image that inspired me was a tree on a beach, I wanted to create my own space that would still feel grand but have a modern element to it. The curves and lines in the background feel like pure space, a digital wind blowing through. One that could be very overpowering, yet a tree stands here, bristling in the wind, minding its own business. For the Colors, I picked this Blue and Yellow style because it provides a neat contrast, the highlights of purple adds just enough range to really bring it all together. I really enjoyed working on this and I am proud of the final product. I think the message of this piece is to remain calm and strong in the face of the unknown, just like the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment