Monday, September 2, 2019

Revolver vs Pet Sounds

After listening to both albums, Revolver and Pet sounds, it is clear which I preferred. Pet Sounds was no doubt a great work of art by Brian Wilson and the many sounds that came along with it were well recorded and soothing to the ear. However, listening to Revolver was a whole nother' level of interesting. To me it felt like I was listening to Pet Sounds behind a glass window in an interrogation booth, it felt like a second hand echo which I wished was more present. Whereas Revolver, oh my. You really do feel like you are sitting in the middle of the studio and they were playing all these noises right next to you and I liked  the panning in the album it kept my ears perked up listening to the smallest noises. When they would pan the vocals right with a soft melody behind them and have the main instruments and sound effects going back and forth it was a much superior mix I can't describe it better then just feeling like they are playing instruments all around your head trying to submerse you in the music.  Which is all you can ask for from an album.

No comments:

Post a Comment